Who doesn’t like beautiful, flowing, shiny hair? There’s something very attractive about glossy hair that frames the face perfectly and looks healthy. Despite hair being one of the most attractive aspects of a person’s features, most people don’t invest a lot of time taking care of it. They use hair care productslike shampoos and conditioners, but don’t go beyond that. The lack of care makes the hair look dull and dry instead of shiny and vibrant. In this article, we discuss five tricks to make the hair look shiny and healthy without damaging it.
- Wash Your Hair Correctly
Most people don’t wash their hair correctly. They pour shampoo on the strands, scrub, rinse, and repeat if necessary. This can actually damage the hair in the long run. Here’s a look at how you need to wash your hair:
- Rinse your hair in warm water to soak it.
- Pour some shampoo in your palms and rub to create lather.
- Gently massage the shampoo into your scalp to remove all lingering grime, sweat, and dead skin cells. There is no need to scrub the hair at the ends because most of the dirt is concentrated on the scalp. The rest of the hair will be clean with a simple wash.
- Rinse with warm or mildly cool water. Make sure all of the shampoos is gone from your hair before applying conditioner.
- Apply conditioner from mid-length to the very tips of the hair strands. It is a good idea to saturate the hair tips with conditioner because they’re most likely to be dry and frayed.
- Let the conditioner soak in for a few minutes before you rinse it off.
Dab the hair dry instead of rubbing it with a towel and let it air dry. This will ensure your hair is clean but not dried out.
- Limit the Number Washings
Some people wash their hair every day, which strips their hair of its natural oils and makes it look dull. The best way to avoid this issue is to avoid washing your hair every day. Let the natural oils build up and nourish your hair. You can wash it once every three days or once every week depending on how greasy your hair gets.
- Use Oils
Hair is similar to skin, it responds well to moisturizing oils and creams. You can use organic beauty products to restore glossiness and shine in your hair. A light application of something like argan oil will not only make the strands more manageable but also help them shine.
- Brush Gently
Use a wide hairbrush and brush your hair gently from root to tip. The natural bristle brushes work best, but you can use regular brushes as well. The tips of the brush stimulate the scalp and trigger a release of natural oils. The longer you brush, the more glossy your hair will look.
- Use Overnight Masks
There are many natural overnight hair care products for men available in the market today. You can apply the products in your hair, let it soak in, and then wash it off in the morning. These products will help repair and moisturize your hair overnight, which will give it a glossy sheen.
It is also a good idea to incorporate some omega-3 fatty acids in your diet. That will help your hair shine and remain healthy for a long time.