Keeping to the trail of technological advancements, there has been a paradigmatic shift from the analog to the digital. So much so that digitalization has touched every spectrum of our day to day discourse. And, the influence of digitalization is no longer constricted to the corporate world.
In fact, it affects the other areas of our day to day life. And the world of games and entertainment are no exception.
Today’s youth are hooked into the fascinating world of online games. The word of virtual games definitely has a hypnotic appeal to young and old alike. It stands out as one of the most appealing pass time engagements.
And when talking about online games, the PS4 certainly accounts to be one of the most sought-after gaming consoles. Modeled as a trend-setting next-generation gaming console, it enjoys astounding popularity.
However, that does not take from it its follies and glitches. And when talking about its issues, one that is indeed most alarming is the loss or deletion of data, especially your PS4 gaming files. However, you can always get your data back. And to acquaint yourself with the most effective solutions to your problem, keep reading.
About PlayStation 4 – A Trend Setting Next Generation Gaming Console
For the gamers, therefore, the PlayStation 4 is undeniably an indispensable and indeed the most alluring gaming consoles to fall back upon. And why shouldn’t that be? PS4, designed by the Sony Interactive Entertainment is modeled as the 8th-Gen home video gaming console.
And needless to say, right from the point of its inception, the gaming console under discussion has been up for grabs among the game addicts.
Further, the monumental popularity of the gaming console can be traced in the uniqueness of its design and its innovative excellence. For the invention of the PlayStation 4 is indeed revolutionary and has set a new trend in the world of virtual video games.
However, that does not take away from it its share of technical hitches and follies. And neither can you afford to pay a deaf ear to them if you wish to enjoy a flawless and unhindered user experience. And one such major hitch with regard to the PlayStation 4 is the deletion of your PS4 Game Files.
Loss of Data of your PS4 Game Files: A Brief on the Problem and the Factors Causing it
As it holds, no technological device can be entirely glitch-free. And PlayStation 4 is no exception to this norm. And among the most prominent glitches, one that is most alarming for the game lovers is the loss or deletion of the PS4 Game Files.
Essentially Speaking, users recurrently raise concerns that they often lose the data saved in the Hard Drives, Cloud or USB sticks. One must make a note of the fact that PS4 includes all video files in MKV, MPEG2, MP4 as well as AVCHD formats.
Therefore, there are chances that you might lose such files either due to server connectivity issues, unstable or weak internet connections or a sudden unexpected power default. Also, you might encounter a loss of data in case you reboot your PC and run into an unexpected server problem.
Often if you have not logged into the PSN ID of your console for months, you do have a strong possibility of losing out your all your essential PS4 files and data.
Besides, what’s worse is that once lost, you can not trace out the files anywhere. For you are neither going to find it in the PS4 Library nor in the Storage Management. Therefore, the chances of retrieving such files seem a distant prospect.
Furthermore, you might delete some of your PS4 files while trying to expand your hard drive storage space.
Optimal Strategies to Retrieve the PS4 Files that you May Have Lost – Recover them Now
“Things that are done cannot be undone”. These words stand true in many situations that we face. For instance, once you have mistakenly lost or deleted the PS4 files, you can’t undo the situation. But here is something that you can do.
That is, you can definitely make amends for what has gone wrong and take recourse to adequate measures to set things right. Yes, even if you have lost or deleted your PS4 files, you can recover them by availing feasible mechanisms.
And, in case you are not conversant with the solutions, I will show you the way. Under this section, I am going to shed light on some of the most workable measures that you can undertake in order to retrieve your files. Take a look.
Strategy 1: Try Retrieving your Deleted or Missing PS4 Files or Hard Drive Games from Cloud Storage
If you have previously uploaded or stored up the presently deleted or missing PS4 files within the Online Cloud Storage, you can easily restore the same from your Cloud Saves. We understand that it is a common tendency among users to lose some Hard Drive games during the course of redownloading games.
However, things get difficult when you try retrieving them without any backup mechanisms. However, if you have saved the Hard Drive games in Cloud Storage, you are spared the trouble. The recovery process gets much easier if you are using PS Plus because PS Plus enables you the provision for Autosave.
All you need to do is copy the game the PS4 games that are missing from the Cloud Storage and save the same in your PC. In order to do so, execute the steps stated below.
Detailed Instructions to Follow
- First and foremost, you need to reach out to the PlayStation Home Menu Bar. And from there, you should further navigate over to the Settings Tab.
- Thereafter, press on the option entitled “ Application Saved Data Management”.
- Following this, click on the option named “Saved Data in Online Storage” and then press on the “Download to System Storage” tab.
- On completion of the steps mentioned above, you will have to choose the stored games that you wish to retrieve from the “Download to System Storage” tab. Press on the Download option thereafter.
- The moment you do this, the downloading process is going to initiate. Wait for the process to complete and after the successful execution of the process, you will simply have to click on the Save icon. On doing so, all the PS4 gaming files will be saved into the Hard Drive.
- Note that you may have to repeat the umpteenth number of times in order to successfully restore the files from Cloud Storage.
Strategy 2: Try Recovering the PS4 Files by Means of Re-downloading and Reinstalling the PlayStation Store
The PlayStation is modeled with a unique feature that enables you to reinstall and redownload the games repeatedly after you have logged into your PS4 account. For this, you will simply have to make use of your account User ID as well as Password.
Therefore, follow the instructions we cited hereunder if you are to redownload your PS4 games from the PlayStation Store.
- First off, you need to sign into your PS4 account by means of an authentic Username as well as password. And Once you are in, you must visit the PlayStation Store.
- Thereafter, you will have to search out for the missing files and games on the PlayStation 4 Hard Drive.
- On tracing them, you will have to redownload all your lost files individually to the PS4 Hard Drive, which accounts to be the PS4 local storage.
- Furthermore, in case you are availing the PS4 CDs, you can easily retrieve your Gaming Files from the CDs.
Strategy 3: Retrieve the PS4 Gaming Files from Hard Drives
Now, in case none of the strategies mentioned above works, you can try out our last alternative measure. That is, you can always avail software recovery tools in order to resolve such issues. And essentially speaking, there are several software recovery tools available in the market.
You can use easily use them as per your need. However, prior to that make sure that the Utility you are using is reliable and tailored to your needs. Selection of an authentic and trusted recovery software is of vital importance if you wish to set things correct.
Once you have chosen an appropriate Recovery Software Tool, follow the undermentioned instructions to proceed further.
- Initiate the Software Recovery Utility of your Choice and choose your Hard Drive.
- Note that you have to choose the same Drive as and when you launch up your File Recovery Software.
- The next step is to undergo a proper scanning process. In order to do so, press on the Scan Button. And the Scanning process is going to take you some time depending on the capacity of your Hard Drive. Therefore, you must hold on with patience until the scanning process is complete.
- Now, after the completion of the scanning process, you simply need to recover your deleted PS4 Gaming files. For that, you must choose the files you intend to retrieve and press on the Recover icon thereafter.
- You will find other options like Search, Filter as well as Extra Files. These will help you to retrieve your lost data.
Additional Notes that Might Help you Further
You may consider using a Hard Drive in order to retrieve the lost data of your PS4 Gaming Files. However, you must also note that you may lose your data due to defective or damaged Hard Disk Drive. And this may, in turn, hinder the Data Recovery Process. This may happen if your Hard Disk crashes.
The Hard Drive may crash if by mistake you have deleted the important PS4 gaming files. Also, some of your data might get lost due to hard drive failure. Under such circumstances, you can always consider taking recourse to effectiveHard Drive Recovery Services in order to resolve your glitch and retrieve your missing data.
To Sum Up
With this, it is time for us to wind things up. We realize that in this fast-paced world of digital advancements, virtual gaming consoles are immensely popular especially among the youths. Thus, you won’t appreciate such technical hitches in your PS4 Gaming Files.
And these solutions will help you restore your lost data in no time. Therefore, don’t linger on with the problem and apply the solutions right away.