When it comes to a traumatic brain injury, it leaves one with several different questions in regards to how long it may take in the event a lawsuit is pursued. Thankfully, we’re going to break down the traumatic brain injury lawsuit process into layman terms so that one can learn more about what they deserve in regards to compensation for what has been lost during the recovery stages. So with this being said, here’s a look at traumatic brain injury lawsuits.
What Are Traumatic Brain Injuries?
A traumatic brain injury would be categorized as a violent skull movement, a lack of oxygen to the brain, or external head trauma. A traumatic brain injury may occur from a construction accident, a fall from an exceedingly high height, medical malpractice, a truck accident, a car accident, or another incident that causes severe trauma to the head.
Do I Have A Traumatic Brain Injury?
It should be mentioned that there’s quite a few symptoms that occur from a traumatic brain injury. Some of the symptoms could be incredibly subtle and may not even begin right after the said traumatic event. Symptoms can include:
– Impaired social function
– Impaired physical function
– Impaired mental function
– Sensitivity to light
– Sensitivity to sound
– Sleep pattern change
– Difficulty with attentiveness
– Difficulty with memory
– Mood changes
– Loss of balance
– Loss of coordination
– Blurred vision
– Loss of consciousness
If a loved one or yourself has recently had a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Medical Malpractice, Traumatic Brain Injury, and Your Rights
If a loved one or yourself has encountered a traumatic brain injury due to negligence or wrongful conduct of another individual, you still retain your right to receive compensation. Since a traumatic brain injury can cause collateral damage throughout a lifetime, it can lead to a hefty pricetag if incorrectly addressed. Such expensive items can include:
– Expensive medical care
– A long-term rehabilitation process
– Challenges/decreased functionality in normal life or at work.
Thankfully, a traumatic brain injury can lawsuit with a knowledgeable attorney can make the process significantly easier to tackle. Some attorneys work closely with medical experts, vocational experts, and other professionals in order to calculate and obtain the compensation one deserves for disability, suffering and pain, earning capacity and loss of earnings, rehabilitation expenses, and other medical expenses.
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawsuit Time Limits
Since much of the timeframe depends on the state you live in and the circumstances, it is a bit tricky to narrow down an exact window in which one must file their traumatic brain injury lawsuit. There’s a plethora of factors that come into scope for such a lawsuit, but filing as soon as possible is advised to make sure the case is handled correctly. If the claimant does not file within a certain timeframe, it is possible that their recovery damage fees can be useless or lost forever. Long story short: File a lawsuit as soon as possible to avoid a devastating physical, mental, and financial hit.
Traumatic Brain Injury & Attorney Representation
There’s plenty of traumatic brain injury attorneys available on the market, but it’s important to recognize the traits that will really stick with a professional agency that will put the odds in your favor. Some of the major factors one should look for in a traumatic brain injury lawsuit attorney are:
– They Have Experience – Having experience in such a situation is incredibly valuable. Since these cases are hard to prove and incredibly complex, a novice agency may not be capable of tackling such a high stakes lawsuit. Even in the event where such a case is proven, the amount recovered depends on the evidence and arguments presented.
– They Have Resources – A lawsuit has no legs if there’s no resources, which is why your traumatic brain injury attorney needs the resources to gather information for a claim. These cases require experts and medical specialists to conduct investigations and visual exhibits to persuade a case in your favor.
– Diligence & Dedication – You want an attorney who is in your corner when the going gets tough. In addition to this, your attorney needs to give your case the attention it needs with the knowledge it requires to be properly presented in court.
– Results – Lastly and definitely not least, your traumatic brain injury attorney needs to provide results to the case being presented. If the attorney has a solid reputation when it comes to helping their clients recieve maximum recovery for their lawsuit, you’ll be in good hands.