Do you want to import winmail.dat files into multiple emails client (i.e. Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Apple Mail, IBM Notes, Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook for Mac, Zimbra, etc.) or cloud-based email services (i.e. Gmail, G Suite, Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, MS Office 365, Exchange Server, IBM Verse, IMAP Server, etc.)? If your answer is yes then you have landed at the right webpage.
In this blog post, I am explaining a professional technique for business users for solving all issues related to Winmail.dat TNEF (Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format) files. Before describing the process to extract winmail.dat files in various standard file formats, first get some important information about Winmail.dat TNEF files.
Winmail.dat TNEF Files
Winmail.dat files are known as attachment files sent by several Microsoft email programs i.e. Outlook, Outlook Express, Exchange Server, Hosted Exchange Server, etc. Winmail.dat files are also known as TNEF (Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format) files which be open in Microsoft applications. If someone is using Non-Microsoft email client like Thunderbird, eM Client, IBM Notes, etc. and he receives an email in winmail.dat file format, then he cannot read the email message because TNEF files are the property of Microsoft.
Also Read: Procedure To Recover Yahoo Email Account?
What Is Actual Problem with Winmail.dat TNEF Files?
If you want to know the actual problem faced by users with winmail.dat files, then you should visit popular community forum websites because there users ask their genuine queries. Here I am sharing some problems faced by users so that you can easily understand the actual problem.
Query 1 –“I am using Mozilla Thunderbird email client from fast 6 years as it is my favourite email client. I am a business professional and recently I have received few important emails in winmail.dat format and I am unable to read them. Please recommend me a professional technique to import winmail.dat to Thunderbird so that I can read them using my default Mozilla Thunderbird email client.”
Query 2 –“I am using Microsoft Outlook 2016 edition for sending and receiving email messages. Currently I am facing a problem with my Microsoft Outlook as when I am sending emails with attachments, then email receivers getting emails in winmail.dat format. Actually I want to know “how to disable winmail.dat in Outlook 2016”. If you know a method for solving my query then please share it with me.”
Query 3 –“I am working as a senior technical analyst in a medium sized company, recently my boss sent me various winmail.dat files because he wants to print winmail.dat files. The problem is that Outlook winmail.dat files cannot be printed directly, so I want to convert winmail.dat files into Adobe PDF format because PDF is native format for printing related purpose.”
How to Disable Winmail.dat in Outlook 2016, 2019?
If your Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 is sending attachment emails in winmail.dat TNEF format then you can apply these settings on your Outlook. After making this small change in Outlook, your Outlook will stop sending emails in winmail.dat files.
Step 1 – Run MS Outlook and choose File >> Options as shown in the respective screenshot.
Step 2 –After that choose Mail option from Outlook panel.
Step 3 –From compose messages in this format dropdown menu, choose Plain Text option and press Ok button.
Winmail.dat Converter to Import Winmail.dat TNEF Files Accordingly
If you have several winmail.dat files in your computer and you want to import them in various email clients and services then you can use all-in-one Winmail.dat Converter which has 30+ different saving formats i.e. PST, MSG, EML, EMLX, TXT, MBOX, HTML, MHT, XPS, RTF, DOC, Windows Live Mail, CSV, PDF, Lotus Notes, Zimbra, Maildir, Thunderbird, MyOffice Mail, Entourage, Outlook for Mac, Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo, Office 365, Exchange Server, Hosted Exchange Server, G Suite, IBM Verse, Amazon Workmail, IMAP, etc.
Benefits of Winmail DAT Converter
- Winmail.dat Converter permits to import winmail.dat to Thunderbird, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Lotus Notes, Zimbra, Windows Live Mail, etc. desktop based email clients.
- This application directly imports winmail.dat TNEF files into Gmail, Yahoo Mail, G Suite, Outlook.com, IBM Verse, etc. cloud-based email services by asking account login details.
- It is a well-suitable software to migrate Winmail DAT files into Exchange Server, Hosted Exchange Server, IMAP Server, Maildir supported servers, etc. for corporate users.
- Winmail DAT Converter is compatible with winmail.dat TNEF files of Exchange Server, Google Mail, Zoho Mail, iPhone, Outlook, Thunderbird, Ubuntu, Windows, Zix Mail, etc.
- It gives freedom to change winmail.dat files in several standard file formats so that users can easily make winmail.dat files reusable.
- The tool preserves all important items during the conversion process such as Digital Signature, Subject, Sender Information, Receiver Information, HTML Links, Images, Attachments, etc.
- This application offers 10+ file naming conversion options so that users can easily save their resultant single emails or documents by date, time, year, subject, sender email and receiver email addresses.
- The tool is compatible with all 32 bit or 64 bit Windows OS based-computers such as Win 10, Win 8.1, Win 8, Win 7, Win Vista, Win XP, Win Server 2019, Win Server 2016, Win Server 2012, Win Server 2008, Win Server 2003 and all.
If you have decided to import winmail.dat files into several emails client, emails servers, cloud-based email services, generic document formats, etc. then you can just download free trial version of Winmail.dat Converter which is authorized to convert maximum 5 winmail.dat files into desired file formats. Free demo edition is most helpful for checking the software functionality before investing money, after checking the working process, users can easily decide it is useful or not for them. After complete satisfaction, you can grab the license keys with lifetime validity to convert winmail.dat files without limitations at pocket friendly price.The tool is developed by a trustworthy company which provides complete user satisfaction with 24 hours technical support for product related queries.