The main attractions of Spain. What vacation can I get in this country? Major festivals. Beaches you should visit.
A trip to Spain: what to expect?
If you have a vacation ahead and don’t want to spend it washing curtains and cleaning your apartment, we advise you to go to sunny Spain. It is an excellent solution for those who love traveling and want unforgettable emotions. The Сountry Helper will help you organize your trip so that you get the most out of it and can see most of the sights of this country in a short time.
Brief information about Spain
Spain ranks second in the world regarding tourist flow (second only to France). It is mainly because this country has a fascinating history, beautiful architecture, and excellent tourist infrastructure. It also has a very mild climate, so the land is suitable for visiting almost any time of the year.
Here is a simple description of this country:
- Major cities: Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia;
- National language: Spanish;
- Religion: Catholicism;
- High tourist season: June – August;
- Average tourist season: September – May.
Spain is a lovely country that will find entertainment for any tourist, no matter what kind of entertainment they like. It has gorgeous architecture, which combines the Middle Ages’ old buildings and looks beautiful against the backdrop of modern facilities. At the same time, it has some excellent beaches and national parks where you can enjoy breathtaking nature.
Carnivals in Spain
Spain is a country where people are used to enjoying life. Various festivals are regularly held here, where you can get acquainted with the culture and traditions of this beautiful region. Among the most popular festivals are:
- Carnival in Tenerife. It is not inferior in its beauty and mass character to the festival in Rio de Janeiro. This vast celebration takes place in June and leaves an unforgettable experience.
- Running of the bulls. Who among us has not heard of bullfighting? It is one of the most famous holidays in the world. The streets of the city are taken by fighting evil bulls. Their route lies to the city center arena where the bullfight takes place. Anyone can participate in a run with the bulls, but it is worth remembering that this is traumatic.
- La Tomatina Festival. It is a vast agricultural fair that lasts a week. At the end of the festival, you can participate in the tomato battle, for which more than 100 thousand tons of tomatoes are brought here.
- Festival of air steps. Every summer, a festival takes place not far from Barcelona, during which dormice air steps rise into the air, which competes with each other in the duration and range of flight. It is fascinating to watch this, but it is even better to participate.
In addition, various concerts, exhibitions, and theatrical performances are regularly held in the country by famous directors from all over the world, so if you want to have fun and have fun, then Spain will be the perfect solution for you.
If you want to spend your vacation in the most relaxed atmosphere, swim in the warm sea, lie in the sun and get vitamin D, then there will be no problems with this in the resorts of Spain.
This country has a seasonal climate, so it is worth flying here in the summer. You can find gorgeous beaches on the mainland and the numerous islands that make up the country. Among the most famous beaches are:
- Playa de Palma (Majorca);
- Lloret de Mar (Costa Brava);
- La Barceloneta (Barcelona);
- Maspalomas (Gran Canaria);
- Benijo (Tenerife island);
- Costa del Azahar (Valencia);
- Talamanca (Ibiza) and many others.
The total coastline in this country is over 4,800 kilometers. All the beaches here have breathtaking landscapes, soft sand, and excellent tourist architecture. It is a natural paradise on earth, where you can truly relax and get the most out of it.
Madrid or Barcelona?
Ideally, you should visit both of these cities, but unfortunately, a vacation can only last for a while, and sometimes you have to make a choice.
Madrid became the capital of Spain 3 times, and this is not surprising because the city is striking in its beauty. It harmoniously combines many castles from different eras and modern parks, fountains, and buildings.
In addition, the most famous paintings by Velazquez, Goya, Rembrandt, Titian, and Picasso are stored here, so if you are fond of painting, you can enjoy them to the fullest.
Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia and the true soul of Spain. It is located on the Mediterranean coast, so you can combine a beach holiday and explore local attractions in one visit. It is impossible to see all the famous sights of this city in one day in a few days. It is better to spend a week here, ideally a month, to enjoy the atmosphere and see all the significant sights.
Many famous creators worked in this city, including Antonio Gaudi.
It is enjoyable to visit Madrid and Barcelona at any time of the year. You can get maximum aesthetic and cultural pleasure in any city you choose.
A holiday in Spain is not cheap, but it is worth the money. Thanks to the developed tourist infrastructure, you can find both budget accommodation (from $30 per night) and luxury apartments.
In the end
If you want to enjoy your holiday in Spain and get the most out of it, we advise contacting Country Helper. Here you will be offered non-banal tourist routes and can choose a tour depending on your preferences and financial capabilities. You are greatly mistaken if you have already been to this beautiful country and think it can no longer surprise you.